Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Lego

What could an Asian like me amuse people in Munich?


Few days ago, I was carrying a 20 kg sack of rice back to my hostel. Those who saw me carrying these were giggling or just asked me, "OMG...! Is that a sack of rice?!". Many angmohs were stunned to ever seen so much rice before.

Rice is essential to our diet. But, they are rather scarce and expensive over here in Western countries. They usually come in small boxes of 1 kg. We were fortunate to find a considered back home regular sized sack for only 23 Euros.

Enough about food, time to introduce my new toy. The Lego Batmobile.


I was never a Batman nor DC comics fan until now.



The Beautiful & Beasty Batmobile.


There's even Technic parts in the engine compartment. I havent installed Flash in my computer. So, no animated GIF for u all. But, just imagine the gears turning when I push the car forward. Pretty cool rite. But try to spot a missing lego block. First time I encountered a defect in lego products.


Even the flames can turn.

The size is no ordinary compared to legomen.

Indeed the force is strong in this one.


The cockpit has nice comfy seat that reclines.

The car is huge that you need 1 legoman to steer and another for the pedals.


Definitely a great buy. 60 Euros. Thats 120 Sg Dollars. It made the B-Wing I bought, that cost 80 Sg Dollars a kiddie toy. Best of all, its the most difficult lego I've ever constructed. 2 Books inside. 4 hours to construct.

I felt young again, even though I had stiff neck looking for the parts that were scattered on the floor.

As an endnote, here's an advice to the readers. Thats what I learnt from the German culture.


RECYCLE!

No comments: