Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Road Trip part 2

Just a short update, because I'll have a mini German test later. Wish me luck!
If the post is too short for you, here's my updated photo album to keep you entertained. Please do check out Jungfrau Mountain album and my cycling photos.


Back from the last post. The rental may be cheap (140 euros for 5 days that is), but we had to pay 145 Euros total for petrol. Well, I'm not complaining, but that's how it is when driving outside Malaysia.

So overall, we paid 71.40 Euros per person. That's really worth it, considering how many Swiss towns we visited. We even drove up the mountain top instead of taking cable car that costs around 7 Euros a time.

1 thing interesting is that based on car rental policy, every returning cars must be pumped with full tank. so, when we acquired the car, the car was already full tank. Not like, in Langkawi, when we rented cars there, we had to rush to a nearest petrol kiosk before the car runs dry. it's because some kiasu people would make full use of the petrol before returning.


So, we stopped by Freiburg, which is near the Swiss border. Look. Their longkang(drain) is so nice. They even have a saying that, if you accidentally step into it, you'll marry a Freiburger. How sweet.

That's why they don't need steel covers like in KL. Maybe DBKL or MBPJ can come up with this kind of crappy story, so they won't receive so many letters of complaints when someone or even a car falls into an exposed longkang.


We stopped by Schafhausen, in Switzerland. My second time there and I have not blog about it yet. I guess I don't have to blog about the first 1 anymore. =)

Only landmark there is Rhine Falls. Not a really big waterfall. Just that it has the proximity of it for tourists. Look how close was I to the waterfall.

I saw some Indians who bathing by the waterfall also. Suddenly, I felt this place has Hindu blessings.


Stayed over in Zurich. Tried to enquire the cheapest accomodation, but we didn't know that we need to bring tents to pitch. It's a camping spot! So, we had to settle for a hotel in the end and the idea of sleeping in the car didn't materialise after all.

No comments: