Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Major trip part 1: Vienna, Austria

Ok. So Vienna is only 5 hours away. So this trip is not so major le.. Just that I hope this trip would be considered "major", so that no further "major" spending in future trips. I have done the following trips so far...

1) Fuessen, Neuschwanstein Castle
2) Salzburg
3) Konstanz + Schaffhausen (not updated yet)


Thanks to Jeremy(left) for showing us around Konstanz. Even though our visit was planned last minute. =)

4) Stuttgart (not updated yet)
5) Vienna
6) Venice

Sorry, I always have to do a recap because of my irregular updating.
Future trips...
7) Ruegen Island (north of Germany)

Proposed trips.. (if have time and monay le)
8) Cologne and Muenster (again! whee)
9) Berlin
10) Amsterdam
11) Dubai =) (if I can change my Emirates Flight)

Firstly, introducing those who visited me last week...


1) Jaburu, who won the business competition in Riga with Veron and Adi. Congrats! and sorry for the misintepreted arrival time.



2) Waylon, on the next day to join us for this trip.


Thanks for visiting yea! It's an honor to have someone to fly all the way to Munich to visit me.. hee.. But, I realised that entertaining friends in a foreign soil, which I'm only 1.5 months experienced here while studying and upkeeping my own chores here is not easy le.. So, for those who want to visit me, your 'application' will be revised by me thoroughly.. heee..

Ok! back to the main topic. Vienna. City of Classical Music, Gardens, Royalties (because one of them's death started World War 1), Palaces, Museums, Arts... So why was I still there, you'll ask?
After visiting significant landmarks like the Schloss Schoenbrunn, Hundertwasserhaus, Hofburg Palace, Augustiner Church.. etc..i realised: forget about art, history, mozarts, musuems...

Just be a cam-whore in front of buildings, landmarks and statues that I have no idea what they are and make your friends get plunged into a vast green pool of envy.


So fun. Can be a 'boy-band'.


Had a Gulasch


Stayed in a nice hostel room which is like an attic.

Of course, we cam-whored ourselves with vienna's finest statues.





Horse carraiges are popular in Vienna






Apart from cam-whoring, I lost my opera-virginity. Yeap... can't believe they were so happy when we purchased a 35 euro opera+classical ticket from this man!



During the half-time of the opera, a small celebration by me and Waylon for being able to stay awake.

In the end, the show was not bad le.. thanks to the emcee who interact with the audience and the songs they played that are quite famous actually (they are classical songs).

We also went to a huge theme park. Only ride I took and that interests me was this 1. Cos instead of sitting position, we had to lie down in this roller coaster. Also, this roller coaster is brought up by a single turning pole that moves the vehicle round a spiral track. Very smart.
Lastly, we leart how to make apple-strudels in a palace. But, I better learn to bake normal cakes first.
I almost forgot to introduce me and my travel mates in this trip: From left, Grace, a baker-lady(not with us), Waylon, Me and Jason. Just read their post on vienna in their respective blogs to know more.

No comments: