Monday, June 11, 2007

Road Trip


That's us. From left, me, Theodore (a Greek, not Spartan), Kat, and Wilson.

Just came back from our 4 Day road trip. It was from Munich-Freiburg-Schaffhausen-Zurich-Grindelwald(somewhere in the Alps)-Bern-Basel-Karlsruhe-Munich.


This explains why our car rental is so cheap. No, not only the 28 euros sticker, but the amount of "advertising" services we did for their company. We surely did a great advertising for the rental company across Germany and Switzerland. Even some local approached us and asked us whether he can rent this car from us.
An ugly car topped with ugly stickers all around. So unglam.

If there were a suggestion box inside the rented car. I would suggest to them to improve their layout of stickers to something like this.


Decals! Surely a win-win situation. Make their advertisement sporty and impressive for advertising. Also can make customers satisfied.


Anyway, that car we rented is an Opel Meriva 1.6 Liter. If the Meriva sounds familiar to you, here it is.


So our car was once affiliated with the current European Champions. So it's quite a branded car leh. =)

But best fact has to be that it was the first time me sitting inside a CAR since i'm in Germany. That is 2 months not in a car! So, I was worried that I might not be used to its claustrophobic experience or excessive carbon monoxide or something like that.


Best of all.. the car is in manual transmission.
My first time using a GPS! Just choose a specific address in anywhere of Germany or Switzerland, then a nice woman voice will tell you where to go. *Turn left now* *Be prepared to turn 'half-right'*. Even there's *Please notice the speed limit* as a reminder.


Yup, 160 kmh.. even its a small little Meriva, this could be done easily in Autobahn (Germany's highway which there's no speed limit). The car reached to 180kmh once, but I couldn't take a good shot while the whole car was shaky. There is a cool feature in the car that automatically raises the radio volume proportionally to the speed of the car to counter the wind sounds when we tried to break the sound barrier along the Autobahn. =)

Only Wilson drove along the Autobahn. While I missed the chance to do so, cos I left my drivers license in Malaysia. Doh'. I conveniently discarded my license at home, thinking that I wouldn't drive in Germany.

Well, nothings all lost, when I still can find time to take good scenery photos from the moving car.




I may bore you all or not with more of these photos in the upcoming posts, but being the best trip I had this semester so far allows me some bragging rights for next few posts. =)

On a sidenote, special thanks to my Dad who helped to send my license by DHL. I may expect it to arrive 2 days time. Hopefully, I can lose my Autobahn virginity soon!
Another thing is.. before I forget... after checking Yahoogroups. Here are the belated birthday wishes that I missed throughout my absence in my road trip.

To Jit Wei (Beside me). My exclassmate since Form 3.
Alex Chen. Who is still in Melbourne researching on ways to improve men's libido. =) All the best there! My classmate neighbour from form 3 to form 5.

To Yoong Yit. Who just finished NUS recently. My exclassmate for 2 years.
and Siew Ching. My classmate since form 2. Sorry that I can't go to London again this year. Europe is still pretty huge to explore.

Happy 23rd Birthday!

No comments: