Friday, June 15, 2007

Muenster Revisited


We rented a car once again. Only 100 Euros for 1 whole weekend with GPS included. But, this time, it was a 1.3 Daihatsu Sirion. So, Autobahn thrills were severely limited.

But driving on the Autobahn wasnt the main test. It was finally time I drove manual car independently around the streets of Europe, where traffic lights and pedestrians are everywhere. Wilson gave Grace and I the honor to be the drivers of this trip. Everyones safety was in my hands which had no experience with manual cars except during driving lesson 5 years ago.

Luckily, in Europe, when the traffic lights turned from red to green, the yellow light will flash first. So, I could start doing the balancing trick of the clutch before it turns green, or I had more time to start my engine if the engine died.

Grace drove initially. I think she didnt make the engine died once. That is because, she just passed her driving test few months ago.


As for me, I had to admit I can't count the number of times my engine died. But, I think it was only 3 times that the car behind horned me in traffic lights. There were some other problems when I tried to reverse the car. Demoralised, I felt like pasting the "P" (probation) sign on the car at that point.


The only thing I'm proud of during this driving trip.


Even Wilson was excited.

Look at the sheer ecstasy in him.


Check out his super saiya hairstyle after that. Hohoho.

We visited Eagles Nest and Cologne along the way. Then we finally reached Muenster, where I used to stay for 3.5 weeks last year during immersion program.

I visited my host mother whom I looked forward to see her again. The feeling was great. It was like homecoming. The memories of a small town was still intact. I still remembered the tour guides we had around the small town last year. So, being a "tour guide" for the Wilson, Kat and Grace was no problem.


My second best trip after the swiss cycling trip definitely. I got to see familiar places like Go-Parc, Aasee, Christiane's home, the churches and cathedrals, the Promenade, and even the nice graveyard next to Aasee once again. I bet my other immersion program mates can't disagree.

No comments: