Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Year of Double Oo Seven

Before I blog about new year celebrations, as a good practice, I'll put an effort in acounting everything I've done. So since I haven't updated anything for the past 2 days, I shall write a short update about the day before new years eve which is kinda short :) cause I woke up around 1 something pm. I always make sure to have at least 9 hours of sleep during holidays.


Later that evening, played futsal with the gang: in my team, Chinjoo, King, Jeff(joo's cousin), Yujin, and Kevin. Opponent team: Gan, Zi Chow, David and his 2 friends and Doug. As a team we lost overall, but i managed to score 2 goals, 1 was between chow's(keeper) legs and another was doug's error by my soft tap into the goal. Quite contented that I have the stamina to run up and down the court for 1.5 hours (compared to last year when I could die only 15 mins of the game) but still lack the speed and acceleration to chase the ball or opponent. So, nevermind, hope to play more in Sg to accomplish 1 of my resolutions which I will type about later.

At night, we tried Battlefield 2142 for the 1st time. Quite a fun game considering only 5 of us played. Overall, didnt manage to spot much difference between B2 and B2142. Only thing cool was the Mech Warrior vehicle to terrorise your opponents. While playing with weapons of the future (year 2142), nothing still beats the sweet moment of knifing your enemies from behind. Right, Kevin?

Arsenal lost again. To Sheffield Utd. Wenger still upbeat in winning the premier league. I don't care about what he says anymore. Makes me more dissapointed if the team loses while keeping our hopes high. Just try winning the next subsequent matches without worrying too much of the tables is important now. Next test: Arsenal vs Pardew's team. Not WHU.

Next day, on new years eve, the initial plan was go to 1Utama at 4 pm. But we ended up in 1 Utama only at 930 pm, not because I woke up late but we at least did something fruitful in my house rather than lepaking, bowling and movies(which is quite unlikely since a lot of ppl there). Z-Parc ate the extra nasi lemak meal catered from my mum's earlier gathering. Then we played Imaginiff, a board game which tests how well we know our friends. Quite a good idea, but some questions were too trivial or unanswerable, which was why we only played once.

Later in BU, first thing: collected my new specs..













Blue color specs. Wanted something in between study type and fashionable specs. Too fashionable can be too demanding on my dress sense. Too study type makes me like nerd later. So I decided to play safe.

After chilling around in BU, 1130 pm, we went to the open space car park to wait for year 2007. This was how we waited....














Ah.. perfect place to avoid the snow-sprays (too old for this nonsense already, issh) and B.O. of crowd. We sat on this spot for an hour talking about our own resolutions. Honestly I havent really thought of mine yet. But I said about playing more football to be a regular player since thats 1 of them. Most of them said of getting attached. Good idea to break the single tradition of Z-Parc guys. The notable 1 is Deo quiting smoking. All the best to him!
























Hmmm.. what are they looking at thats more interesting than New Year fireworks thats behind them? They were not posing fyi.
























Another fireworks display! This is what you get when competition escalated between 2 big shopping complexes thats near to each other(1 Utama and the Curve). This round the Curve won.

~~HAPPY NEW YEAR!!~~
All the best to all readers with their dreams and hopes for this new year! I can't wait to start a new chapter of my life when I'm back in Singapore and beyond when I'll fly off to Munich this April. Then fly back to Singapore for my final year for my bloody Eff-Why-Pee. Looks like I won't be spending much time in Malaysia this year apart from now and this coming CNY. Maybe this December but it depends on my Eff-Why-Pee ler.

I shall return to Singapore the following day, 4th of January. That time, holiday mode like now will be nothing more than sweet memories recorded in this blog. Finally realised this blog will serve me well in the long run.

1 comment:

The girl who wants it red said...

ooohhh contact lenses! does that mean mr monday will be more 'charming' thus more girls will fall for him? aww mr monday cannot be so flower-hearted ya... =Þ

and 6-packs means 6-packs la...cannot bargain one haha :) you can do it heh...I will help you by whacking it more often k? ^^