Saturday, December 30, 2006

Karaoke Marathon

Kanasai! My latest post got accidentally deleted when I reedited the photos. Have to try remembering what I wrote to retype. Duh’!

Ever since I came back from Singapore, the earliest time I wake up is 10 am. Yesterday, I woke up at 1215 pm. So much for healthy living at home compared to hall. In hall, it’s the opposite that I wake up the latest 8 something am thanks to the anti-mosquito fogging, noises of hall and sun shining onto my bed. Why must-da-bed shine?! Anyway, time for my first event coverage!



King, Doug, CY and I went to Songbird@SS2 from 3-9 pm. A much cheaper karaoke place compared to Neway and Redbox with a much more convenient location. From the picture, apart from the uncleaned ashtray, this old and lil’ rundown karaoke place is still rather clean and well-maintained. But, after 6 hours, the room carpet smelt of sweet chilli from our snacks. Even Doug’s pants got the share of that smell.

The snacks served was not bad. The sandwich looks the chicken naan served in Sheares Hall but a smaller version for it to still qualify as a sandwich. The snacks managed to keep us out of hunger and added to ones waistline to break his belt.














A karaoke session would not be complete without some good ol’ boy band songs like Westlife, BSB, take that and more. Not forgetting some Linkin Parks to provide some pleasure of screaming around. Also, there will be me and CY to add some oldies like beach boys, frank sinatra and other 80s songs in da box. But the best part was some Indo songs introduced by King like Samsons and Sheila on 7. Never knew of good indo songs besides Peter Pan. Sweet.

After that, we had a late dinner at Wong Kok Char Chan Teng. There, found that CY’s recently permed thick hair has a good function: hiding stuffs in her hair like a pencil.












All of us went to my house to discuss about the upcoming new year celebrations. I was thinking that we should have enough of outdoor new year celebrations. All of my past 4 new year celebrations involves the same thing: crowded sweaty people, fireworks, snow sprays and some dance music to attract the crowd. 2003 was Sunway Pyramid, 2004 was Mont Kiara, 2005 was Bangsar and 2006 was the Curve. Maybe it’s time to settle for somewhere quieter and a relaxing new year. My house can be an option since my parents will be out. In efforts to plan a new year celebration, we ended up looking through leng luis friendster accounts through CY’s and King’s accounts in my laptop. ‘aDuh!

No comments: