Friday, April 20, 2007

Did a biathlon

I havent exercised for many weeks even before leaving munich.

So, the only daily exercise I do routinely here is just - walking. Yes, walking from train station to my room is exercise. Walking around/to places of interest in Munich like Deutsches Museum, Neuschwanstein, Hofbraeuhaus, and English Garden. Walking to get Kebab is also an exercise. Basically, not having a car is an exercise. Just like Singapore. So that means, in Malaysia I get zero exercise. That is why I was 12 kg heavier before coming to Singapore 3 years ago.

So finally, Ive done my first exercise in Munich. Not 1, but 2 sports. Yeah, cycling and swimming. Yesterday, Wajdie, my Israeli neighbour called me to go for a swim. The prob is the swimming pool is in Olympiapark, the international swimming complex for 1972 Olympics.


Gotta say wow at this impressive architecture, even this building is already 35 years old! Damn.. can thrash Bukit Jalil stadium anytime.

We cycled from our hostel through English Garden (cos I wanted to see how the other side of Gardens look) to a post office near my Uni for him to post some books to Ebay. Then we cycled on to Olympiapark. Just you think Autobahn is synonymous with cars. I was wrong. The urban cyclists like to have their own "mini Autobahn", so catching up with Wajdie was a problem. So, 1 solid exercise done already.

On the way, saw this..

thats the memorial for the Black September incident in 1972. If you watch Munich ( the movie) then you'll know. On top there are Hebrew words, which I didnt take.

Next, swimming. The entry was 3.60 euros. But, I could have gotten a student semester card for 15 euros, but I forgot to bring my student paper. The heating system wasnt good enough for me, so I easily got cramps after half an hour.

Cycled back with lactic acid in my legs. My pants and underpants wet with sweat. But my face was chilling and dry from the wind. Heh.

After dinner(thanks to Super Mario and Bros), checked out a so called "start of semester Party that even have a DJ". But turned out to be a small bar 3 times the size of my room with 20 over ppl only. So, we left after drinking beer and cocktail. Then I KOed on the bed, knowing my body has taken its toll. If this goes on again, I could be a biathlete.
Ok.. signing off with this picture that I photoshopped.

No comments: