Friday, April 13, 2007

Quickie Recap

Okie.. finally time to blog once again. What can I say? This blog is just to tell everyone back at home that I'm alright and having a whale of time. So, don't expect it to be journal, diary or some sort.

Recap day 1

I flew on Emirates airline from KL-Dubai-Munich. This picture was somewhere above India at night. Cool thing about Emirates is that they offer over 500 channels of entertainment on the personal LCD screen. Watched few movies, particularly X-Men 3 (finally!, not bad movie) and some tv series like Scrubs for the first time.
Stopover in Dubai for 3 hours, made use of the free wireless there and expected another visitor to Munich this coming May. hmmm... even the whole hall knows about it. -_-", according to Abhi.
Reaching Munich on Easter day was the most stupid mistake ever made so far in this trip. The hostel office was not opened that day. So, I stayed in a hotel nearby. Later, received a mail by Kat (fellow hostelmate) that even 2nd day of Easter is holiday! So, that means I couldnt check into my room for the first few days. Perfect.
Well, I walked around Munich town on a particularly quiet day. So the main square was supposed to be quiet, i assumed. But, some people still flocked over an area.
To watch this! A Chinese man was putting up some of his balancing skills. I salute him for balancing while the wind was blowing quite strong.
Anyways, staying in hotel was an experience. Late TV programs have some "interesting" advertisements. Even Playboy has their own airtime that night.
Day 2
Finally met Kat for the first time in the morning. Gotta thank her for offering her place for me to sleep for the night. I joined her and the rest of the SEP group to visit the Deutsches Museum.
Yup. Germany has an illustrious background and history of their technological advancements, that the main exhibits are their innovations and inventions of the past. It became more of a science center than a museum. Found this awkward cos I watched Night at the Museum on plane few days back. I expected to see Atilla the Hun, Mummies or something. Hee..
Day 3
Jason helped take me around the town to settle all my admin stuffs, like matriculation, accomodation, banking, insurance, applications., etc.. With his help, I managed to settle everything in 2 days. Amazing.


Later went for some shopping in a huge hypermart. Only this caught my eye though. 1 crate of beer, 0.5 l x 12 bottles costs around 10-12 euros. Brands like Augustiner, Becks, includ. I better find out some way to transport them without a car soon. I'll fill in the updates soon, once I secure my best method of transporting this to my hostel.
Day 4


Bayern Munich vs AC Milan that day. No wonder so many Italians roaming around the street. I was expecting them to brawl in the streets. Maybe they are not like Roma fans. In this picture, there is me, with 80000 fans, 22 player, 10 substitutes, 4 referees and 2 managers behind.
Yeah.. the game was on that time.
For more pictures, just check out my personal picasa web album.

No comments: